8 Buddhist Tips for Happiness
- Make some quiet time each day – calm down by focusing on your breath.
- When with others, be mindful of how you behave and speak; when by yourself, be mindful of what’s going on in your mind – try to act, speak and think in constructive ways.
- Do something nice for someone every day – have sincere concern for their happiness.
- Be generous with others – it will boost your feeling of self-worth.
- Focus on your own and others’ strong points – make helpful suggestions when problems arise.
- Let go of wrongs that others have done – practice forgiveness.
- Let go of your own mistakes – forgive yourself.
- Accept reality – life is full of ups and downs, but no matter how bad things get, everything passes.